YouReus

Online Blog And Information Tips.

Five stars with a few reservations

You need To Check this Les Miserables

Les Miserables

Every performance (save one) was impeccable. Many of the performers rival and in some cases surpass those of the 10th Anniversary Dreamcast. Seeing the show on the big screen with a bigger sound system really made the nuances of the genius score come to life. I am thrilled that it is finally on DVD! The use of soft split screens to be able to watch multiple performers' reactions and "dialog" was a wise creative decision.

The stunning Norm Lewis, whose subtle facial expressions and genuine passion commanded the stage /screen, sang Javert with such power and depth that I actually, for the first time, empathized with his character. Alife Boe's Val Jean was brilliant, with an operatic quality. Samantha Barks shined as Eponine with a stunning vocal performance. Besides being delicious eye-candy, Ramin Karimloo was a standout with his brilliant portrayal of Enjolras. I didn't quite understand the decision of casting Nick Jonas as Marius. He really gave it his all and had some nice moments in the sweeter songs, but lacked the vocal fullness and attack for the more powerful songs. It was adequate but uncomfortably contrasted by his much stronger, seasoned cast mates.

The occasional cut to various instrumental highlights was a wonderful addition and seamlessly included the orchestra as an important part of the ensemble. The encores with the original cast, backed by a chorus of hundreds was breathtaking (part icularly when Michael Ball reprised Marius in "One Day More" the way it should be sung. If you're a Les Mis fan, this movie is a must.

Get your Les Miserables Now!
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori stage costume dengan judul Five stars with a few reservations. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL http://youreus.blogspot.com/2013/03/five-stars-with-few-reservations.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Jack Thompson - Wednesday, March 20, 2013

6 komentar untuk "Five stars with a few reservations"

  1. I am in high school and the musical this year is les miserables. I have to find 16 bars of music that is in a genra that is close to the music in les mez but IS NOT from the musical itslef. I can cover the full voice range in I dreamed a dream but i would probably be trying out for one of the child parts because i am small, oh and im a girl. if have any suggestions at all please help me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my friends were talking about Les Miserables and i have no idea what its about... So, what is the basic summary of Les Miserables? What is the story line?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Les Miserables: What are the plot differences between the 1998 film and the 2012 musical?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a freshmen in high school and I want to read les miserables. I've seen the 1978 film and the new one. But what translation is the best for me? I've heard some are good and others are very hard to read. Which one should I get?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got into the ensemble of Les Miserables, and the people running it said they haven't cast any of the 'student roles or smaller cameo roles' except for Grantaire, and I was just wondering what these roles are, and what songs they have a part in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My theatre group is going to put on les miserables, with ages from about 5th gradeish to seniors in high school. I'm 13. What role should I strive for? Please include information about the character, their vocal range, and role in the play. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete