YouReus

Online Blog And Information Tips.

Nurturing Greatness is the Tricky Part

I'm Happy after buyingThis The Talent Code Greatness Grown

The Talent Code Greatness GrownThere's been a lot written on this subject over the past few years and I've read much of it including:
Outliers, Talent is Overrated, The Talent Code, and Open. Yes, I would include Open, the auto-biography of Andre Agassi, to be a contribution to this theme. I'll explain why at the end.

Of these books, I think that the Talent Code is the most actionable for people who are looking to build skill and expertise for themselves, their kids, or their employees.

The book talks at length about how skill is built through mindful practice that develops myelin, a sort of neuron insulator. The key principles are that as we practice we strengthen certain neural pathways with myelin. To be exceptional at something is to have built up more myelin connections than average people.

The way we do that is through about 10,000 hours of mindful practice.
You'll certainly need a lot of drive to put in that amount of practice, and the book talks about what types of environments and cultures help contribute to that drive and even suggests how such a culture can be developed.
And it helps to have a great coach.

The book has lots of stories about mindful practice, hotbeds of talent, and great coaches. From these stories it draws principles that we can apply as individuals.

Outliers is a wonderful book and does a better job of illustrating the role that luck and cirumstances have to do with success. The Talent Code does a better job of helping you really understand what you can do as an individual to develop talent.

Open is a great auto-biography, and you'll get a first-hand look of one man's journey to becoming the best in the world at his chosen profession. It absolutely supports the theories in The Talent Code that says it is the thousands of hours of hard work, not god-given talent, that makes someone outstanding. It also shows the true cost of that type of commitment and practice and makes you ask the question if you're really up to the challenge or truly desire to be the best in the world at a competitive undertaking.
Get your The Talent Code Greatness Grown Now!
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori pro soccer dengan judul Nurturing Greatness is the Tricky Part. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL http://youreus.blogspot.com/2013/03/nurturing-greatness-is-tricky-part.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Jack Thompson - Tuesday, March 19, 2013

2 komentar untuk "Nurturing Greatness is the Tricky Part"

  1. I really want to join the tennis team, but the thing is, I've only been playing for a few days. My dad and my mom plays so they taught me most of the basics, and they said I'm pretty good at hitting. So tomorrow, I'm supposed to meet up with the HS tennis coach to hit with him. It's not really a try out, my friend told me that he will serve me the balls and I just have to hit back. Do you think it's possible I could make the team? Because I don't want to go and then feel all bad about not making it.. I'm a freshman, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i started tennis a month ago and i want to do a tournament before tryouts becuase it looks better and having more experience. thing is i am a beginner and i have no idea how these usta junior tournaments work. i know i have to get a membership and i'm willing to but can anyone explain how a tournament works and everything i need to know before participating in one? should i even participate in one? i really want to make the team and my friend said it would be a good idea if i do one. i heard L3 is the easiest level maybe i could do that? please help i am totally lost on what to do and i need advice.( thank you! i'm 16 and a girl in highschool)

    ReplyDelete